The University’s working group on biotechnology is going to hold an event called “The Second Conference of Bioday “ that is hosted by Faculty of Geomatics Engineering.
The conference aims at highlighting present activities and future developments mainly on the:
- New strategies in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer with a personalized treatment approach
- Design of smart drug delivery systems with numerical and experimental modeling tools
- Medical and pharmaceutical microfluidic equipment
- Manufacture of biomaterials used in medical equipment, implants, tissue engineering and targeted drug delivery
- Synthesis of peptide, nucleopeptide and heterocyclic drug efficacy
- Complex systems and modeling of biological networks
The Event is also will be wrapped up with the “Meeting of Biotechnology in Medicine and Health” in accordance with the achievements that KNTU have gained on the research themes that are appointed via a memorandum of understanding (MOU) by Biotechnology Development Council.
The Biotechnology Development Council is working as an independent governmental institute under support of Vice Presidency for Science and Technology.
According to the mentioned MOU, The KNTU is responsible and leadership for pushing forward the sciences and technologies related to:
- Manufacture of biomaterials replacing hard tissues including bone graft biomaterials, bone cement, tissue engineering scaffolds
- Manufacture of medical and pharmaceutical biosensors, bio-implants and microfluidic devices for heart and lung diseases.
- Design and production of analytical systems based on biomedical and medical databases for philogenetic studies, prenatal screening, neonatal cerebral palsy and lung cancer.
The event will be on Monday, 7 January 2020, 8:00 a.m.-5 p.m and all the interested researchers, staffs and students are invited to attend.
Address: ValiAsr Street, Mirdamad cross, Faculties of Civil and Geomatics Engineering, Civil Engineering campus, Conference hall.
For more information about the conference and meeting please click here.