Phone No: +98 21 84062298
Personal website: http://wp.kntu.ac.ir/amraee
Ph.D.: Sharif University of Technology, Iran-Grenoble INP University, France, 2009.
M.Sc.: Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 2004.
B.Sc.: Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran, 2002.
- Smart Grids: (Wide Area Control and Protection, Micro Grids)
- Power System Dynamic: Stability and Control
- Estimation, Identification and Fault Diagnosis
- Power System Operation and Planning
Turaj Amraee received his Ph.D. degree in power system engineering from the Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, and Grenoble Institute of Technology, Grenoble, France, in 2011. Currently, he is an Associate Professor in the Electrical Engineering Department, K. N. Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, Iran. Dr. Amraee is a Senior Member of IEEE since 2016. Dr. Amraee is the Power System Security Laboratory director in Electrical Engineering, K. N. Toosi University of Technology. He has conducted some projects on the Iranian national grid in K.N. Toosi University of Technology with the Ministry of Energy. His research interests are smart grids, power system dynamics, operation, and planning.
Selected journal papers:
- Teymouri, T. Amraee, H. Saberi, F. Capitanescu, “Towards Controlled Islanding for Enhancing Power Grid Resilience Considering Frequency Stability Constraints,” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2017.
- Saberi, T. Amraee, “Coordination of Directional Over-Current Relays in Active Distribution Networks Using Generalized Benders Decomposition,” IET Generation, Transmission, and Distribution, 2017.
- Saberi, H. Monsef, T. Amraee, “Probabilistic Congestion Driven Network Expansion Planning Using Point Estimate Technique,” IET Generation, Transmission, and Distribution, 2017.
- Ghaderi, T. Amraee, “A stabilizing remedial action scheme against power system cascading failures,” IET Generation, Transmission, and Distribution.
- Kaffashan, T. Amraee, “Probabilistic Under-Voltage Load Shedding Using Point Estimate Method,” IET Generation Transmission & Distribution, 2015.