Phone No: +98 21 84062371
Personal website: http://wp.kntu.ac.ir/tavakoli
Ph.D.: Power Electronics, University of Surrey, UK, 2001.
M.Sc.: Electrical Engineering, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, 1990.
B.Sc.: Electrical Engineering (power), University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, 1987.
- Power Electronics Converters Modeling and Design
- Advanced Modulation Techniques
- FACTS & Utility Network Control
- Power Systems Analysis and Control
- EMI/EMC in Power Electronics
- Power Quality
- Protection of Power Converters
Mohammad Tavakkoli-Bina was born in Iran. He received the B.Sc. and M.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, and Ph.D. degrees in Power Electronics, University of Surrey, UK, 2001. Dr. Tavakoli Bina is a Full Professor in Power Electronics at K. N. Toosi University of Technology. He is a Senior Member of the IEEE, holding Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, and the author of more than 150 journal and conference papers.
Selected journal papers:
- A. N. Babadi, O. Salari, M. J. Mojibian, M. T. Bina, “Modified Multilevel Inverters with Reduced Structures Based on Packed U-Cell,” in IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, 2017.
- Alavi, O., Hooshmand Viki, A., Tavakoli Bina, M., Akbari, M., “ Reliability assessment of a stand-alone wind-hydrogen energy conversion system based on thermal analysis,“ International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2017.
- T. Akbari, M. T. Bina, “Approximated MILP model for AC transmission expansion planning: global solutions versus local solutions,” in IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution, 2016.
- M.T. Bina, D. Ahmadi, “Stochastic modeling for the next day domestic demand response applications” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 2015.
- H.P. Mohammadi, M.T. Bina, “A transformerless medium-voltage STATCOM topology based on extended modular multilevel converters” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 2011.