Phone No: +98 21 84062320
Personal website: http://wp.kntu.ac.ir/golkar
Ph.D.: Imperial College of Science, Technology, and Medicine, University of London, UK, 1986.
M.Sc.: Electrical Engineering(Power Systems), Oklahoma State University, USA, 1979.
B.Sc.: Electrical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Teheran, Iran, 1977.
- Smart Grid Studies
- Distributed Generation (Deregulation)
- Distribution System Design, Optimization & Automation
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Electricity Market
- Voltage Collapse Studies in Power Systems
- Load and Energy Management
- Reactive Power Studies in Power Systems
- Distribution System Planning
- Probabilistic Studies in Power Systems
- Shunt Capacitors Placement on Radial Distribution Feeder
- Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicles studies
Masoud Aliakbar Golkar was born in Tehran, Iran, in 1954. He received the B.Sc. degree from the Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, in 1977; the M.Sc. degree from the Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK, USA, in 1979, and the Ph.D. degree from the Imperial College of Science, Technology, and Medicine, The University of London, London, U.K., in 1986, respectively, all in electrical engineering (power systems). Since 1979, he has been teaching and researching at the K. N. Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, where he is currently a Professor. He is the Advisor of many electricity boards and has successfully conducted many projects for different electricity utilities in Iran. He has lead several research groups in electrical distribution systems and reactive power studies with the Electric Power Research Center (EPRC) for more than 15 years. From January 2002 to July 2005, he served as a Senior Lecturer with the Curtin University of Technology, Miri, Malaysia. He is the author of several books and has published more than 300 papers in national and international journals and conferences. His main research interests include smart grid, distributed generation, Renewable Energy Systems, modern electric distribution systems, reactive power studies, voltage collapse studies, and load and energy management.
Selected journal papers:
- Hajizadeh A., Aliakbar Golkar M., “Intelligent Power Management Strategy of Hybrid Distributed Generation System,” Elsevier (International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems.), 2007.
- Ahmadi D., Tavakoli Bina M., Aliakbar. Golkar M., “A Critical Cross-Examination on Load Balancing Transformers for Distribution Systems,” IEEE Transaction on Power Delivery, 2010.
- Hajizadeh A., Aliakbar Golkar M., “Voltage Control and Active Power management of Hybrid Fuel Cell/ Energy Storage Power Conversion System under Unbalanced Voltage Sag Condition,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Dec. 2010.
- alizadeh Haghi A., Tavakoli Bina M., Aliakbar Golkar M.,” Non-Linear Modeling of Temporal Wind Power Variations,” IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, Digital Object Identifier, 2013.
- Sedghi M., Ahmadian A., Aliakbar Golkar M.,” Optimal Storage Planning in Active Distribution Network Considering Uncertainty of Wind Power Distributed Generation,” IEEE Transaction on Power Systems, 2015.