Phone No: +98 21 84062270
Personal website: http://wp.kntu.ac.ir/beygi
Ph.D.: Electrical Engineering- Communication Systems, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 2013.
M.Sc.: Electrical Engineering- Communication Systems, University of Tehran, Iran, 2002.
B.Sc.: Electrical Engineering-Electronics, University of Tehran, Iran, 1999.
- Optical networking
- Statistical signal processing
- Digital communications
- Channel modeling
- Coded modulation
- Optical communications
Lotfollah Beygi received his Ph.D. degree from Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, in 2013. He was with Qamcom Research & Technology AB as an experienced signal processing developer and Ericsson AB as an R&D researcher from 2013-2015. He is currently with the Communications Division of EE Dept. of K.N. Toosi University as an assistant professor. His main research interests include optical networking, statistical signal processing, digital communications, channel modeling, coded modulation, and optical communications.
Selected journal papers:
- L. Beygi, Agrell, J. M. Kahn, M. Karlsson, “Coded Modulation for Optical Communications,” IEEE Signal Processing Magazine (special issue), 2014.
- L. Beygi, Agrell, J. M. Kahn, M. Karlsson, “Rate-Adaptive Coded Modulation for Fiber-Optic Communications,” IEEE/OSA Journal of Lightwave Technology, 2014.
- L. Beygi, N. V. Irukulapati, Agrell, P. Johannisson, M. Karlsson, H. Wymeersch, P. Serena, A. Bononi, “On nonlinearly induced noise in optical links with digital backpropagation,” Optics Express, 2013.
- L. Beygi, Agrell, P. Johannisson, M. Karlsson, H. Wymeersch, “A Discrete-Time Model for Fiber-Optical Channels,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, 2012.
- L. Beygi, E. Agrell, M. Karlsson, P. Johannisson, “Signal Statistics in Fiber-Optical Channels with Polarization-Multiplexing, and Self-Phase Modulation,” IEEE/OSA Journal of Lightwave Technology, 2011.