Phone No: +98 21 84062324
Personal website: http://wp.kntu.ac.ir/abbaszadeh
Ph.D.: Electronic Engineering, AmirKabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 2003.
M.Sc.: Electronic Engineering, AmirKabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 1997.
B.Sc.: Computer Engineering, K. N Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 1994.
- Power Electronics Including Dc-Dc, Ac-Ac, Dc-Ac, and Resonant Converter
- Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicles Traction Motor Drives
- Power Converters for Electric Machines Including Inverters
- Novel Electric Machines for Different Applications
- Condition Monitoring and Fault Diagnosis of Electric Machinery
- Auxiliary Power Generators
- Sensorless Electric Motor Drive
Karim Abbas-Zadeh received the B.S. degree in communication engineering from the K.N. Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, in 1991, and the M.S. And Ph.D. degrees in electrical engineering from the AmirKabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, in 1997 and 2000, respectively. From 2001 to 2003, He was a Research Assistant in the Electrical Engineering Department, Texas A&M University, College Station. He is currently a Professor in the Electrical Engineering Department, K. N. Toosi University of Technology, and the author of more than 50 published journal papers. His research interests include power electronics and Dc-Dc & Dc-Ac converter, electric machinery, variable-speed drives, and propulsion applications. He is actively involved in presenting short courses and consulting in his area of expertise to various industries.
Selected journal papers:
- Saadat, P., Abbaszadeh, K., “A Single-Switch High Step-Up DC-DC Converter Based on Quadratic Boost,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2016.
- Naderi, A., Abbaszadeh, K., “High step-up DC-DC converter with input current ripple cancellation,” IET Power Electronics, 2016.
- Ajily, E., Ardebili, M., Abbaszadeh, K., “Magnet Defect and Rotor Eccentricity Modeling in Axial-Flux Permanent-Magnet Machines via 3-D Field Reconstruction Method,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, 2016.
- Alam, F.R., Abbaszadeh, K., “Magnetic field analysis in eccentric surface-mounted permanent-magnet motors using an improved conformal mapping method,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, 2016.
- Abbaszadeh, K., Alam, F.R., “On-Load Field Component Separation in Surface-Mounted Permanent-Magnet Motors Using an Improved Conformal Mapping Method,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 2016.