Phone No: +98 21 84062411
Personal website: http://wp.kntu.ac.ir/fhbabaei
Ph.D.: Electrical Engineering, Imperial College, London, U.K., 1978.
DIC: Materials Science, Imperial College, London, U.K., 1976.
M.Sc.: Materials Science, Imperial College, London, U.K., 1975.
B.Sc.: Electronic Engineering, AmirKabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 1971.
- Artificial Olfaction
- Polycrystalline Semiconductors
- Metal Oxide Electronics
- High-Temperature Technology
- Electric Heating
Dr. Babaei Received the B.Sc. degree in electronic engineering from AmirKabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic), Iran, in 1971, and the M.Sc. degree in materials science and the Ph.D. in electrical engineering from the Imperial College, London, UK, in 1975 and 1978, respectively. He was Head of the Electronic Materials Laboratory (EML) and Professor of Electronic Materials at the Electrical Engineering Department, K. N. Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, Iran (since 1980). He had been an Adjunct Professor at Materials Science and Engineering Department, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, from 2002-2007. He founded some hi-tech spin-off companies, mostly active in the field of high-temperature materials and technology. Electric heating, electroceramics, polycrystalline semiconductors, microfluidics, gas and humidity sensors, and artificial olfaction were His research interests. Prof. Hossein-Babaei received the Khwarizmi International Award for his outstanding R and D work on high-temperature systems in 2006.
Selected journal papers:
- Hossein-Babaei, F., Gharesi, M., Moalaghi, M., “Diffusion Bonding of Metal Wires Directly to the Functional Metal Oxide Semiconductors for Forming Reliable Electrical Contacts,” ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 2017.
- Hossein-Babaei, F., Akbari-Saatlu, M., “Growth of ZnO Nanorods on the Surface and Edges of a Multilayer Graphene Sheet,” Scripta Materialia, 2017.
- Hossein-Babaei, F., Hooshyar Zare, A., “The Selective Flow of Volatile Organic Compounds in Conductive Polymer-Coated Microchannels,” Scientific Reports, 2017.
- Hossein-Babaei, F., Alaei-Sheini, N., “Electronic Conduction in Ti/Poly-TiO2/Ti Structures,” Scientific Reports, 2016.
- Hossein-Babaei, F., Hooshyar Zare, A., Ghafarinia, V., “Transient Molecular Diffusion in Microfluidic Channels: Modeling and Experimental Verification of the Results,” Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2016.