Phone No: +98 21 84062209
Personal website: http://wp.kntu.ac.ir/a.nikoofard
Ph.D.: Electrical Engineering (Control Systems) Department of Engineering Cybernetics Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Tehran, Iran, 2016.
M.Sc.: Electrical Engineering (Control Systems) School of Electrical and Computer Engineering University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, 2011.
B.Sc.: Electrical Engineering (Control Systems), University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, 2008.
- Nonlinear State Estimation and System Identification
- Model Predictive Control, Adaptive Control, and Optimization
- Automatic Solutions for Oil and Gas Industry
- Drilling, Production, Reservoir Management
- Game Theory
- Soft Computing, such as Fuzzy Logic, Neural Networks, and Evolutionary Algorithms
Amir Hossein Nikoofard was born in 1986. He received the B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees in electrical and computer engineering from the University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, in 2008 and 2011, respectively, and the Ph.D. degree in electrical and computer engineering from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway, in 2016. He is currently an Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering with K. N. Toosi University of Technology, Tehran.
Selected journal papers:
- Nikoofard, H. Hajimirsadeghi, A. Rahimi -Kian, C. Lucas,” Multi-objective Invasive Weed Optimization: Analysis of Pareto Improvement Models in Electricity Markets,” Applied soft computing, 2012.
- Nikoofard, U. J. Flø Aarsnes, T. A. Johansen, G.-O. Kaasa, States and Parameter Estimation of a Drift -Flux Model for Under-Balanced Drilling Operations, IEEE Transaction on Control Systems Technology, 2017.
- Nikoofard, T.A. Johansen, H. Mahdianfar, A. Pavlov,” Design and Comparison of constrained MPC with PID controller for heave disturbance attenuation in offshore managed pressure drilling systems,” Marine Technology Society Journal.
- Nikoofard, A., Johansen, T. A., & Kaasa, G. O. Reservoir characterization in under-balanced drilling using a low-order lumped model. Journal of Process Control, 2018.
- Nikoofard, A., Johansen, T. A., & Kaasa, G. O.,” Evaluation of Lyapunov-based adaptive observer using low-order lumped model for estimation of production index in under-balanced drilling. IFAC-Papers Online, 2015.