Phone No: +98 21 84062415
Personal website: http://wp.kntu.ac.ir/fereidunian
Ph.D.: Electrical and Computer Engineering from University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, 2009.
M.Sc.: Electrical Engineering from University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, 1997.
B.Sc.: Electrical Engineering from Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST), Tehran, Iran, 1994.
- Power Engineering: Smart Grid, Power Distribution Systems Engineering (Operation, Automation, Design, and Planning), Power Systems Reliability, Asset Management, Artificial Intelligence and Signal Processing in Power Systems, IT in Power Systems, Deregulation, and Market in Energy Retail
- Systems Engineering: Multi-Disciplinary Systems Architectural Design and Management, Complex Systems, Decision Making, and Decision Support, Human-Automation Interaction, Adaptive Autonomy, IT Infrastructures
Alireza Fereidunian received the Ph.D. and M.Sc. degrees from the University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, in 2009 and 1997, respectively. He is an Assistant Professor with K. N. Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, and a Post-Doctoral Research Associate with the University of Tehran. His research interests include smart grid, high-reliability distribution systems, and IT and AI applications in power systems. Moreover, he works in complex systems, systems reliability, and human-automation interactions areas. Dr. Fereidunian is a Member of IEEE and INCOSE.
Selected journal papers:
- A. Fereidunian, M.M. Hosseini, M.A. Talabari, “Toward self-financed distribution automation development: Time allocation of automatic switches installation in electricity distribution systems,” IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution, 2017.
- H. Mirsaeedi, A. Fereidunian, S.M. Mohammadi-Hosseininejad, H. Lesani “Electricity Distribution System Maintenance Budgeting: A Reliability-Centered Approach,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, 2017.
- S.M. Mohammadi-Hosseininejad, A. Fereidunian, H. Lesani, “Reliability Improvement Considering PHEVs Parking Lots Ancillary Services: A Stochastic Multi-Criteria Approach,” IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution, 2017.
- H. Mirsaeedi, A. Fereidunian, S.M. Mohammadi-Hosseininejad, P. Dehghanian, H. Lesani, “Long-Term Maintenance Scheduling and Budgeting in Electricity Distribution Systems Equipped with Automatic Switches,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 2017.
- S. M. Mohammadi-Hosseininejad, A. Fereidunian, A. Shahsavari, H. Lesani “A Healer Reinforcement Approach to Self-Healing in Smart Grid by PHEVs Parking Lot Allocation,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 2016.