Phone No: +98 21 84062410
Personal website: http://wp.kntu.ac.ir/tahsiri
Ph.D.: Systems Engineering and Design from Manufacturing Engineering and Operation Management School, University of Nottingham, UK,2003.
M.Sc.: Engineering Management from the Industrial Engineering Dept., AmirKabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnique), Iran, 1991.
B.Sc.: Applied Physics from Isfahan University, Iran, 1986.
- Distributed Decision Making within Micro-Grid Patterns of Power Generation
- Coverage Control Modeling for Cost-Effective Monitoring of Seas’ Oil Pollution
- Cognitive Model in Management of Energy Market
- Analyzing and Modeling the Dynamics of Systems for Control of Air Pollution
- Systems Optimization within Multi-Agents and Complex Systems
- Network architecture and design for Highway Automated Systems (AHS)
- Mathematical Interpretation of the Risk and Uncertainty Behavior within Social and Economics Enterprises
Dr. Tahsiri is currently a senior faculty member of the Systems and Control Engineering Department at KNT University of Technology, Tehran, Iran. He is also the senior consultant to the University chancellor for strategic developments. He has founded several interdisciplinary programs at the University, and the latest one is the Systems Engineering program at KNTU. He is a specialist in Systems Engineering and Design. He is now working with academic staff with a Control Engineering background to delineate a new vision of systems modeling for problem-solving approaches within large and complex systems in dynamic, changeable, and diverse environments. He has proposed some novel theories and practices within the current context of manufacturing systems analysis and design, namely: ‘Quantum Manufacturing Systems’ (QMS); the ‘Market- Process- Product Model’ (MPPM), which is a pragmatic model of the 21st-century manufacturing platform; and the ‘Dynamic Strategic Design’ (DSD) methodology which is the third generation of systems optimization methods. Dr. Tahsiri’s area of interests comprise of cognitive decision making in the energy sector, manufacturing strategy development, and risk evaluation; system dynamics methodology for pollution modeling and control, traffic modeling and control, trend study upon the future behavior of businesses and industries, the system architecture for optimal development within higher education, requirements engineering.
Selected journal papers:
- Mohammad Hossein Noranian, Ahmad Reza Tahsiri, “Developing a Model of Heterogeneity in Driver’s Behavior,” International Journal of Transportation Engineering, 2017.
- Mohammad Hossein Noranian, Ahmad Reza Tahsiri, “Developing architecture of a traveler information system for dynamic equilibrium in traffic networks,” Journal of Modern Transportation, 2017.
- Tahsiri Ahmad Reza, Kheiri Najme “A Problem Solving Algorithm for Organizing Agent Post-Studio Fashion of Filmmaking Projects,” International Journal of Industrial Engineering & Production Management, 2013.
- Ahmad Reza Tahsiri, Ali Rahbari, “An Optimum Design for the Control of Production Systems within the Multi-Stage Single-Point Manufacturing Environment,” International Journal of Industrial Engineering & Production Management, 2011.
- Ahmad Reza Tahsiri, Ali Rahbari, “An AHP Model for Classification of the Professional Competencies of Iranian Industrial Engineers,” International Journal of Industrial Engineering & Production Management, 2009.